Exclusive content for IT Pros in the know

Premium Editorial

We have gathered our editorially written E-Books, E-Zine, guides and research to save you the effort of having to track such premium content down on your own, ultimately helping you to solve your toughest IT challenges more effectively – and faster – than ever before.

Premium Editorial By Topic

      • The Future of Corporate IT

        Business leaders have set aggressive 20% improvement targets for productivity. But IT’s traditional approach to driving productivity through process automation is running out of steam. IT leaders who fail to adapt to the new work environment will leave their organizations at a competitive disadvantage as productivity lags. By 2017, the realities of the new work environment and pressure to grow employee productivity will present five opportunities for IT

        View E-Handbook
      • Understanding the hard ROI of BYOD

        To the untrained observer, the concept of BYOD is simple: bring in consumer devices and save money. However, this is often based on the incorrect assumption that device costs constitute a significant portion of enterprise mobility spend. In reality, the device cost typically makes up less than 10 percent of a company’s annual mobility spend compared to voice and data, support costs, developer costs, and management software. In return, the challenges of BYOD can increase the other 90 percent of spend to the point where BYOD will actually increase overall costs without providing any tangible benefits.

        View E-Handbook
      • European IT Law Briefing: Monitoring employees' use of social media

        This briefing from leading European law firms highlights the key legal requirements for companies monitoring employees’ social media use in France, Germany, UK and Italy The briefing is based on a seminar by the law firms: SKW (Germany), Portolano (Italy), Bersay (France), and Kemp Little (UK) in London on 30th April 2013.

        View E-Handbook
      • European IT Law Briefing: Recruitment and social media

        The use of social media has become common in modern recruiting processes. Social media enables employers to present themselves online, to inform third parties about current vacancies in their enterprise and to conduct background checks on applicants alongside official application documents. This briefing from 4 leading European law firms gives you the key legal facts on using social media for recruitment, pre-employment screening and background checks on potential job candidates. The briefing is based on a seminar by the law firms: SKW (Germany), Portolano (Italy), Bersay (France), at the offices of Kemp Little (UK) in London on 30th April 2013.

        View E-Handbook
    • Page 1 of 1
      • PC lifecycle management: A TechTarget ANZ E-Book

        As much as 80% of the cost of owning many IT systems is spent on trivial concerns that could be avoided with better management. This e-book explores the five key elements of PC lifecycle management, a practice that can help you to greatly reduce the ongoing costs of operating your PC fleet and lower the overall lifetime costs of your IT assets.

        View E-Book
      •  
      Page 1 of 1
    • Page 1 of 1
      Page 1 of 1
    • Page 1 of 1
      • ANZ guide to energy management

        CIOs are under pressure to cut energy costs, but often lack a baseline from which to start their energy management effort. If you are like many, you lack the tools to measure power consumption and, without data, struggle to devise powerful responses to rising energy costs. This e-book explores the techniques CIOs can use to measure energy consumption, to help improve data centre operations and the bottom line.

        View E-Book
      •  
      Page 1 of 1
    • Page 1 of 1
      • ANZ guide to a cost-effective and reliable data centre

        Virtualisation is known for reducing rack footprint and improving disaster recovery in the data centre. But it can also reduce power and cooling costs, so long as you consider the physical design of your data centre, as this e-book explains. Learn from the experts how to draw additional cost savings from a virtualisation implementation, by taking several physical data centre design considerations -- such as underloaded power and cooling systems -- into account.

        View E-Book
      •  
      Page 1 of 1

Featured E-ZINES on searchCIOAU.comView all >>

  • CWEurope

    The monthly CW Europe e-zine focuses on multiple themes relevant to the European market. CW Europe discusses key management issues for IT pros – from building a new data centre, considering cloud computing, to developing a more secure infrastructure.

  • CIO Decisions

    Enterprise CIO Decisions Ezine offers IT and business strategies and insights on the latest technologies making waves in the modern IT organization.

ALL TECHTARGET E-ZINES

Featured E-BOOKS on searchCIOAU.comView all >>

  • Overcome today's disaster recovery challenges

    The use of devices not connected to a local network is a challenge for IT staffs tasked with protecting data on those devices. Completing backups within a reasonable timeframe has become an issue for organizations. Some organizations are opting for alternatives to traditional backup to address these challenges. The cloud has been pushed as an alternative to tape for offsite storage for disaster recovery. However, there are challenges with this approach and with protecting applications running in the cloud.

  • Cloud storage challenges and choices

    Our comprehensive e-book tackles the cloud storage challenges and business decisions that surround cloud storage investments, and breaks them into three areas of concentration: architecture, availability and return on investment.

    Get the latest updates on architectural choices when using the cloud for storage, including cloud controllers and application programming interfaces. We provide a short list of technical capabilities to look for in a cloud controller and questions to ask your service provider. Learn which metrics your peers are using to determine if cloud storage projects are meeting their potential, and what sort of service levels you can expect from providers or hybrid projects. Discover how to leverage the most cutting-edge cloud technologies and how not to get taken advantage of when choosing a cloud storage strategy/service.

OTHER FEATURED E-BOOKS

Featured E-HANDBOOKS on searchCIOAU.comView all >>

  • The Future of Corporate IT

    Business leaders have set aggressive 20% improvement targets for productivity. But IT’s traditional approach to driving productivity through process automation is running out of steam. IT leaders who fail to adapt to the new work environment will leave their organizations at a competitive disadvantage as productivity lags. By 2017, the realities of the new work environment and pressure to grow employee productivity will present five opportunities for IT

  • Understanding the hard ROI of BYOD

    To the untrained observer, the concept of BYOD is simple: bring in consumer devices and save money. However, this is often based on the incorrect assumption that device costs constitute a significant portion of enterprise mobility spend. In reality, the device cost typically makes up less than 10 percent of a company’s annual mobility spend compared to voice and data, support costs, developer costs, and management software. In return, the challenges of BYOD can increase the other 90 percent of spend to the point where BYOD will actually increase overall costs without providing any tangible benefits.

OTHER FEATURED E-HANDBOOKS