DESCRIPTION: Any midmarket company that considers IT a strategic part of the business should have a formal IT governance model in place. In this podcast, SearchCIO-Midmarket.com Executive Editor Karen Guglielmo interviews Forrester Research Inc. Vice President Craig Symons about how to implement an IT governance model, measure its success and communicate its importance across the company.
In this podcast, Symons answers the following questions:
- What percentage of midmarket companies (those with 100-1,000 employees) have you seen with formal IT governance models in place?
- Is IT governance more or less important to midmarket companies vs. enterprise organizations?
- How important are communications around IT governance?
- What about measuring? How do you measure the effectiveness of your IT governance efforts and processes?
- How important is IT governance to mitigating risk in the midmarket?
- What are some of the critical steps that midmarket CIOs need to take to set up successful IT governance models?
SPEAKER'S BIOGRAPHY: In his role Forrester, Symons serves CIOs and is a leading expert on deriving business value from IT investments. He helps Forrester clients implement improved IT governance to drive strategic alignment and maximize the value of IT-enabled business change investments. Symons uses an IT balanced scorecard to help clients measure and communicate IT performance to stakeholders. He currently focuses his research on IT/business alignment, IT performance measurement, IT governance, IT portfolio management, IT investment management, IT demand management, IT human capital management and running IT like a business.
Download a free Forrester report on "The Three Basic Steps Toward Business Governance Of IT" (free registration required)
Download for later:
An IT governance model is key to IT and business alignment
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As