As audio and video conferencing move rapidly into the mainstream, customers
The authors begin with a clear, concise overview of current voice and video conferencing, including system components, operational modes, endpoints, features, and user interactivity. Next, they illuminate conferencing architectures, offering practical insights for designing today's complex IP-based conferencing and collaboration systems.
Topics covered in this book include video codecs, media control, SIP and H.323 protocols and applications, lip synchronisation in video conferencing, security, and much more. Throughout the book, the authors draw on their extensive experience as CiscoÂ® technical leaders, showing how to avoid the most common pitfalls that arise in planning, deployment, and administration.
Voice and Video Conferencing Fundamentals is for every professional involved with audio or video conferencing: network and system administrators, engineers, technology managers, and Cisco solution partners alike. Whether you're involved with design, development, selection, implementation, management, or support, you'll find the in-depth knowledge you need to succeed.
- Thoroughly understand the fundamentals of audio and video conferencing over IP networks
- Architect networks for optimal performance and reliability in conferencing applications
- Leverage new advances in video architecture, from emerging codecs to distributed implementations
- Understand how SIP and H.323 compare, and when to use each
- Optimise synchronisation between audio and video
- Secure conferencing traffic without compromising performance or connectivity
- Learn how to evaluate vendors and make better buying decisions